- Flexibility: Magento offers editions based solution for your business according to your business sizes, needs and budgets .
1) Magento Go: Recommended for Small Merchants and Entrepreneurs.
2) Magento Enterprise: Recommended for the Medium to Large Businesses.
- Large Community: Because of its ease, the Magento has earned a large community of customers and developers.
- Open Source and Available for Free: Magento is an open source platform so available free of cost for the people interested in developing their website.
- Themes and Templates: To make your online retail store look more attractive, you can use the eye-catching and attractive themes and templates offered by Magento.
- Offers SEO: SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization which means how you can get your website gain traffic through search engines. If your website is not gaining traffic, Magento offers inbuilt SEO by providing many different types of tools for different type of formatting of the content using which you can optimize your website so that it starts gaining traffic and helps you get a better ranking.
- Automatic Integration with Google Services:If you are using Magento, many Google services like Google Analytics, Google Base and Google Checkout and these services are used for traffic analysis, adding any type of content and processing orders respectively.
- Supports Variety of Payment Options: Magento supports payment options like PayPal Express, Standard and Website Payments Pro.
- Wishlist: Magento wishlist functionality is a great option to save the items for the further references and you can also encourage social shopping by enabling option so called ‘ Send to a Friend’ and you can share with others.
- Availability of Customizations:You can customize your website by updating the images, colors, and design according to your wish in the Magento theme applied.
- Fully flourished with rich features: Magento also comes with simple, configurable, grouped, bundled, virtual and digital product options so that you are able to better organize your stock and sell both products and services at a time on multiple sites.
- Magento Mobile: Magento Mobile offers many features like Seamless Storefront Integration, Manage Multiple Devices, Hassle Free Submissions, Fully Customizable, Engage Your Customers, Low Cost of Ownership.
- Architecture: Magento provides an architecture which is a bit tough to understand but it fulfills all the needs of the developers.
- Extensions: Magento provides a wide range of extensions.
- OOPS concepts: Magento is totally based on the OOPS concepts.
- Work becomes easier for developers: Magento makes it easier for the developers to manage and update the web content. It helps the developer in many ways like adding new pages, updating the pages, linking the pages with the main navigation or sub-navigation.
- Need Good Hosting Environment: If you don’t use a good server, your customers will feel slow load time which is not good. So as Magento is highly layered the website becomes heavy so it’s better to use reliable and good servers.
- Large space and memory: To make a Magento website work better, you will require a large amount of space and memory.
- Complexity: As Magento is built on Zend Framework and uses the MVC Architecture for programming, it isn’t easy working with Magento.
- Limited Technical Documentation: Currently the technical documentation is very limited making it difficult to customize and revise the programming in Magento beyond graphical alteration.
- Learning Curve: As Magento is built on Zend Framework, uses MVC Architecture, uses OOPS concepts so your learning curve increases as we have to have a basic knowledge of the above concepts.
- High Maintenance: Installations and upgrades are often painful and time consuming.