Android example app with PhoneGap and JQM in Holo style
Updated 22 may 2013
– PhoneGap 2.7.0
– Changed panel behavior to the official Google style presented at Google I/O 2013.
Updated 23 may 2013
– Changed app to remove the blink issue (meta viewport). App now functions without blinking.
Updated 29 juni 2013
– Added tablet view support.
– Improved Holo colors.
– Added to GitHub public repo now (click here).
– All future updates can be found on GitHub.
My goal with this example app is to have a some sort of a template to make a new app very fast, based on the technologies supplied by PhoneGap and jQuery Mobile, using web-technology.
- Suitable for Android 2.3.3 and higher. API level 10 and up to be more technical :).
- PhoneGap 2.7.0.
- jQuery 1.9.1
- jQuery Mobile 1.3.1
- Energize.js (to speed up the tap and click events in the app)
- Toast (to show android toasts)
- Share (to send a share intent)
- Holo theme. Dark, light with dark header and light with light header. The last one ain’t very worked out yet, but it should give you a heads up start. The header features the same style as a native app including press effects.
- Of course the use of the plugins Share and Toast.
- Native Android like back-button behavior.
- Supplied Gimp image files (xcf files) to easy edit the icons to your liking.
Screenshots of the interface
- Better example of PhoneGap, Parse, and uploading files (raymondcamden.com)
- Adobe PhoneGap 3.0 Released (i-programmer.info)
- PhoneGap Day 2013 (US) Recap (icenium.com)
- PhoneGap 3.0 (chariotsolutions.com)
- PhoneGap Day: PhoneGap & Hardware (tricedesigns.com)
- Tips for Developing Apps with PhoneGap (phonegap.com)
- PhoneGap/Cordova 3.0 Gets Leaner, Does More From the CLI (css.dzone.com)
- PhoneGap Day: PhoneGap & Hardware (architects.dzone.com)
- Adobe PhoneGap 3.0 released (biskero.org)
- Coming soon! What to expect in PhoneGap 3.0 (phonegap.com)